When it’s time to transition from desk to dinner, you want to look chic and stylish without compromising on comfort. Whether it’s a special date night, a fun dinner out with friends, or an after-hours event, Fashionista has got you covered with a beautiful range of chic maxi dresses – perfect for work and beyond. Let’s explore how you can take your look from the office to the evening in style.
1. Desk to Dinner – Chic Maxi Dresses for Work and Play
Maxi dresses have made a huge comeback this season, and so have the possibilities for styling them up! Whether you’re going to work, brunch, running errands or having a fun night out, you no longer need to shop for different outfits when you can simply style up your maxi dress.
From fashion-forward midis and pleated ones to classic long-sleeves and tulle skaters, here are some of the top chic maxi dresses that take you from your desk to dinner in style!
- Mid-Length Tiered Maxi Dress
- Long-Sleeved Shirt Dress
- Pleated Maxi Dress
- Tulle Skater Dress
The mid-length tiered maxi dress is perfect for a work-friendly yet stylish and fun look. Go for colors like black, navy blue or even olive green to fulfill your professional wardrobe. You can add subtle statement jewelry accessories to enhance the outfit further if you’re attending an evening event.
Long-Sleeved Shirt Dress is something that is most versatile for work and play. It is perfect for day as well as night occasions. For an office-friendly look, go for muted colors like white, beige, and gray, and finish off the look with heeled boots or delicate mules.
We can’t forget the pleated maxi dress, which is a great choice for a casual lunch or a night out. Choose something like a strapless pleated midi dress that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. For brunch, pair it with bold colored slides and hoop earrings.
Finally, a classic tulle skater dress is best for any fun-filled party. The skirt part makes it look perfect for a night out, while still giving it a girly and playful look. Go for soft pastel shades for a charismatic feel, and add a pair of metallic stilettos for a dramatic touch.
2. Turn Heads from 9 to 5 and Beyond
Whether you’re headed to work or wrapping up a long night out, you want to look your best no matter the occasion. Outfitting yourself in timeless and season-savvy pieces can make all the difference in how people perceive you.
- Wear your fabrics wisely. Choose high-quality fabrics for your essential work pieces so they will last longer and convey a sense of sophistication. Have some standout pieces in your wardrobe, such as well-tailored suits for men and exquisitely tailored blazers for women. During the colder months, investing in quality wool or cashmere can keep you feeling toasty without sacrificing style.
- Color is king. Bold colors are a great way to make a simple outfit stand out. If you’re going for a more subdued aesthetic, opt for neutrals, muted purples, and classic black and white combos. You never know where the day will take you, so having multiple color options is key.
- Classic silhouettes. For the ultimate 9-5 look, think timeless. Tailored jackets, mid-length skirts or dresses, tapered trousers, A-line skirts, and slim trousers all work well as they flatter the figure whilst never going out of style.
- Accessorize. Accessories are the cherry on top — choose items that will really make your outfit sing. For the office, invest in good jewelry, such as minimalistic earrings or an elegant necklace. If you’re headed out, consider sprucing up with a clutch bag, statement headpiece, or luxe belt. With accessories, the rule of thumb is less is often more.
Take the time to invest in pieces that will stay in your wardrobe for years to come. From 9 to 5 and beyond, having pieces that fit your lifestyle will have you feeling confident and looking sharp no matter the occasion.
3. Discover the Versatility of Maxi Dresses
Maxi dresses have become an iconic piece of fashionable apparel for the modern woman. From formal events to casual everyday styles, maxi dresses fit almost any occasion. As only versatile dresses on the market, they are comfortable, simple and chic all in one.
Maxi dresses come in a variety of fabrics, colors, and patterns, which is great news for those searching for their perfect style. Whether it’s a floral pattern for a spring day, a bright color for the summer days, or a more neutral fabric for the autumn and winter months, the options are endless!
The best part is, maxi dresses also have an incredibly diverse range of ways they can be worn. Belted, with a T-shirt, or over a swimsuit; dressed up for the office or paired with sandals for a casual look – there truly are so many ways to make the same maxi dress look totally different.
For maxi dresses that can take you from day to night, try out a belted floral dress with a leather jacket and ankle boots for a cool daytime look, or add a statement necklace and wear it with heels for a special night out.
When it comes to dressing with style, maxi dresses offer so many possibilities. Discover the versatility of the trend today!
4. Swapping your Work Attire for Evening Chic in an Instant
Being able to switch from a professional daytime look to an eye-catching night-time ensemble in an instant is an art everyone should have in their style arsenal. Here are some tips to help you master the transition with ease:
- Step-up the accessories: Adding statement jewelry, swapping out your everyday bag for one with a bit of sparkle or switching solids for prints are quick and easy ways to amped up your look.
- Colour it up: Starting with a black or navy dress gives you the perfect base to have fun – just add a few colourful accessories to pop against the dark background.
- Elevate your footwear: Heels, of course,dramatically change the look of an outfit – think flirty with heels with ankle strap or a classic option with a hidden platform.
But if you prefer a more laid back approach to dressy chic, don’t shy away from trousers and menswear-inspired pieces. Choosing bolder pieces like a jumpsuit or a tuxedo blazer can nail the night-ready look.
For added coverage, an ankle-length tailored coat is the perfect partner for any evening look. Whether it’s a belt decorated wrap coat or a bomber jacket with a bit of sparkle, an extra layer is an effortless way to instantly take your look from day to night.
The maxi dress is an investment that will give you dividends when stepping out from desk to dinner. With a sleek and stylish silhouette, you will be sure to reval in the comfort and freedom of movement that comes with a piece of clothing that knows no bounds. Now that you know the best way to dress for desk and beyond, show off your style!